Sunday, March 25, 2012

Adventures of Baby Gardener


Let me preface this by saying two things: 1) gardening is NOT my thing.  This is so simple.  I kill plants and 2) I do not like hot, I do not enjoy the hot/sunny combination.  I live in Florida.  This is not the ideal situation. 

Today, in typical lazy Sunday fashion, I got myself comfortable on the couch to spend the day curled up with a book (my iPhone with a kindle app).  I am currently very deep in The Hunger Games trilogy which I'm having difficulties putting down.  Around 4:30, I decide that my behavior is ridiculous and I need to get off the couch.  I get up, fully planning to make some blueberry sugar cookies, and my dear, sweet husband says, no no. He says, "Why don't we go outside and work in the yard?"  Ugh.  I dread these ideas.   I knew he was right so I did not voice any complaints.  HC was asleep in her swing, so I hooked up the video monitor, grabbed some gloves, and out we went.  I was relieved to see our back porch bathed in shade from the sun starting it's descent on the other side of the house and equally relieved to feel the nice, cool breeze. My first project was repotting my poor, pathetic marigolds that I bought last weekend.  I slipped on my gloves and got about fist deep in my first pot of dirt when I heard the baby squeal on the monitor.  I grabbed the baby and her bumbo chair and went back to work.  I got my shriveled old marigolds potted and then went to splitting out an old aloe plant.  I wish that I had before pictures from the aloe plant, but I do not.  I just have tons and tons of baby aloe plants.   Anyone interested?  HC thoroughly enjoyed her time outside, and had a special visit from some of her grandparents. 

No comments:

Post a Comment