Saturday, April 28, 2012

What I've Been Up Too

I am the queen of hair-brained schemes.  Period.  I love budgeting money.  I could be a mad money-saving woman if I had *ANY* self control.  I would probably also be at my fighting weight if I had self control.   This week...I've had some big schemes.

Hair-Brained Scheme #1
I want to buy some land from someone in my family. Right now, he doesn't want to sell, but I think when we start seriously looking to buy land, then he might be ready.  I also decided he would be more likely to nibble if I had cash.  So, hair-brained scheme number 1 was hatched.  My DH and I are going to save $100,000 in 5 years.  That's *only* $1600/month.  Unfortunately, I'm not sure I make enough money to pull that off.  I mean, it's only $500/paycheck for myself and DH.  I'm not sure we're going to make it because of....

Hair-Brained Scheme #2

I want to have 2 more kids by the time I'm 30.  In fact, I really want to be pregnant now.  I, however, would like to really need to loose 25-50lbs before I get pregnant again.   I had some hypertension/preeclampsia issues before I delivered my dear HC.   My blood pressure has continued to run a little higher than I would like it too (135/85) vs. what it ran prepregnancy (115/70) and even though I'm only 10lbs heavier than I was pre-pregnancy, my body feels 40lbs heavier, and I wasn't small before.  I have to get this weight off, and you guys one faithful reader, might have to help me.  For some reason, my sweet tooth/my work/my busy self are inhibiting my ability to reach this goal.

Hair-Brained Scheme # 3

I think I want hair extensions.  Weird, right? If you knew me at all, it really wouldn't be so weird.  I like things that give me instant gratification.  I think that's why saving money and weight loss aren't nearly as appealing as shopping and eating sweets.  It's all about instant gratification.  I have chronic hair-changing syndrome.  My color, my cut, it's in constant rotation, which is made cheaper by my dear SIL who does hair.  I have short hair and then I want long hair.  That is not a process that allows for instant gratification.   It takes months, so then I thought...hairbrained scheme...I'll just get hair extensions.  The good ones, that are bonded to hair, aren't cheap.  Completely ruins HCS #1. 

Hair-Brained Scheme # 4

I don't have a lot of elaboration right now, but I really think I want to open my own therapy company one day.  Will update you when I figure everything out. 



No comments:

Post a Comment