Tuesday, September 4, 2012

I feel like a domestic diva....

....but anyone who knows me,  knows that that is a lie.      I,  however, in all my awesomeness, made my own laundry detergent.

I originally wrote this post on 6/24/12.  A co-worker had brought in some information about endocrine disruptors.  In case you didn't know, endocrine disruptors are chemicals found in products we use EVERY day, including Dawn and Tide.  I LOVE my Tide, but armed with new information about how these products were going to kill me, I finally made my own laundry detergent.

Two months later, I've noticed more ruined clothes because my homemade laundry detergent doesn't wash out all the gunk and grime I acquire in a day.  I mean, let's be honest,   I work in skilled nursing, and I LOVE my job, but I can acquire some gunk in a day.  I broke down this weekend and bought some Tide.  I will continue a search for a crunchier alternative to my current laundry detergent, but until then,  my clothes will be cleaner.

No comments:

Post a Comment