Sunday, October 7, 2012

OMG. I'm pregnant.

I know that you guys all knew that.   This pregnancy has been a whirlwind. 

How far along? 24 weeks 4 days

Size of Baby: According to thebump.com

Your 10.5-to-11.8-inch fetus weighs about 12.7 to 20.8 ounces and every week she gets closer and closer to being ready to survive (and thrive!) in the outside world.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: At my last check up, 23 weeks, I was up 4 pounds.  I will leave out the fact that I gained all that weight between my 19 week check up and my 23 week check up.

Maternity Clothes:
I'm really attached to maternity pants.  I wear scrubs to work, but I am growing out of scrubs much faster than I did last time, so I bought a few t-shirts to wear to work, and I hope that that doesn't offend anyone.   We'll see.

Gender:
TEAM  PINK!  We actually have had 3 u/s that told us the sex of the baby.  The first one said boy, but I was never really comfortable with that assessment.  It didn't feel right.  When we went for our official a/s, the baby was clearly a girl.  That made sense to me, but I was still uncomfortable, so we went back for another u/s which also said girl. 

After all that, I really feel like it's a boy now.  I'm trying not to get myself psyched up one way or another, and as far as preparations go, we haven't made a whole lot.  






Belly Button In/Out:
In.

Stretch Marks:
  My skin has seen better days between the 2 pregnancies.

Labor Signs:
I had some braxton hicks contractions last night, but other than that all is well.  That's the way we want it after all!

Movement:
This baby moves a ton...at night.  I usually feel her when I'm laying down at night.  The hubs has not been able to feel much movement.

Sleep: Sleep's been ok.  I get up about 2:00 A.M. to pee, but other than that, everything's ok.

Cravings/Aversions:
  We've actually eaten Mexican food twice this pregnancy.  The hubs is excited!

Symptoms: I've been having some lower back pain, usually on one side or the other, so I really thought that it was like a kidney stone, but I talked to a doctor (not my ob) and told me it was probably muscular.  This doctor described the uterus as a "tricky beast."  Some stretches have really helped with the pain. 

Feeling:   I feel great.  I'm holding up much better this pregnancy than I did with DD.  My bp was 122/68 at my last check up, which is awesome.

Best Moment this Week:  Pregnancy related? Viability day! 24 weeks.  Not pregnancy related, my baby girl had her first birthday.

What I Miss: Beer, wine, sangria, etc.

What I am Looking Forward To:
  Making some plans.  I want this baby named and the nursery decorated, but it has to be cleaned out first.  Ohhhh, what am I going to do with my junk??

Milestones: Viability day!
 
Baby Milestones: According to thebump.com:

At week 24, baby’s progress isn’t just about internal stuff, it’s about her looks too. With pinker, more opaque skin, she’s looking more and more, well, like a baby. You, on the other hand, are probably experiencing some of the discomforts of the later months of pregnancy at week 24 -- leg cramps, backaches, swollen feet. Hang in there, mama-to-be!

Next Appointment: October 31st.  I get to take my glucose tolerance test.

No comments:

Post a Comment