Wednesday, January 2, 2013

37 Weeks

How far along? 37 Weeks


 THE CSECTION COUNTDOWN




Size of Baby: 

According to the bump.com, your baby's the size of a winter melon!

Yay! Baby has reached full term. She likely measures around 18.9 to 20.9 inches and weighs about 6.2 to 9.2 pounds. He's gaining about 1/2 ounce each day.


According to huggies, baby looks something like this......






Total Weight Gain/Loss: 
I had to brave the scale at my anesthesia pre-op.  +23 lbs, but it was right after breakfast!! I will starve myself before my next appointment! That's a lie.  I'm always hungry.


Maternity Clothes:
My wardrobe consists of up sized scrub pants, maternity/up-sized old navy tshirts, and a few maternity jeans and shirts.
 

Gender: It has to be a girl because her room is now pink and sparkly. 

Belly Button In/Out:
  It's still in. It is getting tight though. 


Stretch Marks:
  They're here and here to stay. 


Labor Signs: I kind of thought I might have been leaking amniotic fluid today. It's cleared up, but I had a couple of contractions after dinner. 

Movement: I think it's getting uncomfortable for both of us.  It's almost painful when she starts moving.  I still love to feel her move.  That's how I know she's ok. 

Sleep: Is an interesting turn of events these days.  I'm getting up at least 3 times a night to pee, and sometimes I can go back to sleep and sometimes I can't.  I actually fell asleep on the toliet last night for the first time that I can ever remember doing that.


Cravings/Aversions:
 I think I'm finally getting over this Mexican food thing.  I made the best freakin' chicken nachos for dinner last night, and then today, Mexican food was disgusting to me again.  We'll see what tomorrow brings. 

Symptoms:
A giant belly.  With HC, the only morning I ever remember waking up not nauseated was the morning of my scheduled c-section at 37 weeks.  I'm 37 weeks today, and I was NOT nauseated when I woke up this morning.  I haven't been as nauseated this pregnancy anyways though, so it doesn't feel like as big of a deal. 


I'm noticing more swelling and weight gain.  I'm tired.  I'm having back pain.  I'm having trouble getting motivated.  

Also, my bp was elevated at my pre-op appointment.  The nurse didn't really say anything about it, but I've been checking it twice a day at home since Monday.  It's not high enough for concern, but it's definitely gone up since my last OB appointment.

Feeling: My feeling of "over it" isn't getting better.  I'm still over it, but I want baby to be healthy.  If she decided to come tomorrow, I wouldn't be devastated, but I wouldn't be excited about bringing her home because our house is a DISASTER! We're in the middle of a reno project, and ugh.  Stuff everywhere. 

Best Moment this Week:  We're really close to finishing the baby's room, and it looks AMAZING.  It'll be awhile before we get pictures done because we still have to take everything out of HC's room and redo her floors.  We're on kind of a tight timeline because the hubs has to go back to work.  


What I Miss: Still beer.  And Sleep.


What I am Looking Forward To:
Meeting another awesome baby girl! 

    
Milestones: We are full-term!


Next Appointment:  January 7.  This is very likely to be my last appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment