Monday, May 7, 2012

7 Months

Dear HC,

It seriously blows my mind that you are 7 months old.  You are a perfect, happy, healthy little girl.  You still sleep through the night, but are starting to show your stubborn side.  If you aren't getting your way, we better bust out the ear plugs.

You are getting into the food.  Your favorites are yogurt and lima beans.  You do not like peas.  At all.  In fact, when I gave you peas,  you got a helpless expression on your face, began to gag, and took your hand and scraped peas off your tongue.  You also like baby food bananas and don't like real bananas. 

You can sit unassisted.   For about 10 minutes, or until something catches your attention and you fall over trying to get it. 

You love to bounce.  You have a bouncer at your house and one and your grandmomma's house.  You will bounce for hours.   You bounce on the outside of your left foot or on your toes.  It drives your momma nuts.

You are a talker.  I know some people are skeptical about if babies really talk with meaning at this age, but about 3 weeks ago, you started.  We were at your grandpa's and you were sitting in my lap.   You were talking away.  Ababababadadadabababa, and then you looked at me with your big blue eyes and said, "Mama." and I smiled, but I kind of thought you were still talking.  I said, "Yep, I'm your momma."  I passed you off to your granddad, where you looked back at me, and said, "Mama" while reaching for me.    I shrugged it off.  It must have been coincidence.  Later that night, we were at home and your daddy was getting you ready for bed.  I walked into the room and you said mama. 

You now have me wrapped around your finger.

You took your first trip to the pool.  It was very uneventful.  You sat in the water very zen like.  There was no splashing, smiling or crying.  In fact, the most eventful part of the trip was when the alligator thermometer  floated by and you reached for it, almost throwing your self into the water.

You have officially mastered rolling from back to belly.  You do it frequently.  In fact, I almost always find you on your belly first thing in the morning.

You were size 2 diapers.  You are still in 3-6 month clothes.

And...on your very own 7 montherday, you sprouted your first tooth.  You sprouted your second tooth the next day.

I love you so much. 

Love, mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment