Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A Day in the Life...

5:30 A.M:  Alarm goes off.  This momma requires more sleep.  Snooze button!
6:00 A.M.:  Rise and shine.  World's fastest shower.  Get dressed. 
6:20 A.M:  DD wakes up.  Change diaper and fix bottle.  Lay DD on bed with bottle.  This has become much less time consuming since she started holding her own bottle. Finished getting dressed, do hair and make up.
6:40 A.M: Get DD dressed.  Pack her stuff for the day.  Pack lunches.  Grab breakfast.
7:00 A.M. : Out the door.  DH takes DD to the sitter.  I drive 35 minutes to work.
7:40 A.M. -4:10 P.M. -Work with a 30 minute lunch.  Patients, evaluations, treatments, paperwork. Oh boy!
4:10-5:45 P.M. Sometimes, I do home health visits after work for extra cash and experience.  If I do visits, then this is my HH time.  Someone else usually picks DD up.  If I don't have visits, then I pick DD up which is one of my favorite things to do.  80% of the time, she's in a walker at her sitter's house.  When I walk in the door, she breaks out in a huge smile and thrashes her arms all around.  When I pick DD up, we have extra time to play at home before I start dinner.
6:00 P.M. Home at last.  Put DD in high chair. Cook dinner. DD loves it when we cook, so that works out well.  When she's ready, DH gives DD a bottle
6:30-8:00 P.M. This is kind of a catch all time.  If dinner is really involved, then I'm cooking.  If not we're eating, and then we're playing.  DD bounces or plays on the floor.  Then momma gets her snuggles in.
8:00 P.M. Bath Time. I'm a little disappointed by baths, honestly.  DD doesn't love them or hate them.  She just chills.  Because of this, DH races through the bath. I dry.
8:30 P.M. Bed time.  Not negotiable.  Home girl needs her rest.
8:30-9:30 P.M. wash dishes, clean kitchen, laundry, etc.
9:30-10:30 P.M. finally have time with DH.
10:30 P.M. Bed.  Usually pretty much asleep before head hits pillow.

Just writing this out has been exhausting. Whew.

No comments:

Post a Comment