Sunday, December 9, 2012

14 months

Good gracious.  How is it possible that I have a 14 month old child?  This post is sad for me for 2 reasons.  The first is that I have a 14 month old.  WTF???  The second is that means we will be welcoming baby number 2  in just a month.  I mean, I'm very excited about baby number 2, but I'm also concerned about baby 2's effect on my relationship with HC.   


At 14 months, HC...

  • Walks.  All over the house.  Her posture is still not the best I've ever seen.  She walks with her legs really wide apart and leans forward.  It's pretty funny. 
  • Talks.  This girl is going to be like her momma.  Words she uses all the time include:  momma, daddy, kitty, dog,  bath, Dora, hi,  bye-bye, and night-night.  She's also used outside a couple of times and apple sauce.   She asks, "wha dat?" (what's that), and I would swear up and down she said,  "belly hurt" today.  She also will occasionally say nose or eyes. 
  • Plays.  She plays peek-a-boo, and plays with her toys.  She plays with books.  At my in-laws tonight, there was a 7 month old.  She took the 7 month old a toy, but not one of HC's toys.  In fact, she wouldn't play with any of her toys in front of the 7 month old. 
  • Eats.  She loves to eat.  She says 'mmm' after almost every bite.    Favorite foods include: bananas, cookies, crackers, cheese, yogurt, apple sauce,  chicken fingers from the Mexican restaurant. broccoli, etc.  Let me repeat, this girl loves to eat. 
  •  Dances.  She bobs her head to music and smiles.  When one of our Christmas decorations sings, she spins in a little circle.
  • Loves the pets.  This girl gets excited when the dogs come into the room.  If she's in her high chair, she slips them whatever she's eating.  She follows them around the house, and recently, she's started doing super "cute" things like pulling their tails.  She's also fond of the cats, but the cats don't stick around to let her pull their tails, etc.  
  • Loves her baths.  When you start running the bath water, HC runs into the bathroom and tries to remove her clothes.  She's not so fond of having her hair washed (rinsed especially).  That usually results in tears.  She also stands up and and reaches for whoever is in there.  After bath, we usually do a quick lotion rub down which is usually the only time she'll stay still, and then we have to wrestle her into her pajamas. 
  • Loves sleep.  She'll put herself to bed like two-three times a week.  It is hilarious. 

This baby girl is my world.  I love her so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment