Tuesday, December 11, 2012

34 Weeks

How far along? I am 34 weeks pregnant.  That is a really important milestone for me because I was put on bed rest with HC at 34 weeks.  The first time I had issues was at 28 weeks.  My BP was 140/90ish at my appointment and I did a 24 hour urine catch.  I was in L & D for 3 hours.  I went back at 30 weeks and everything was good.  At 32 weeks, my ob started expressing concerns about how low HC was.  Her head was way down in my pelvis, but don't worry, her feet stayed all up in my rib cage.  At 34 weeks, it was back to L&D.  My BP was elevated, and my 24 hour urine catch came back with elevated protein levels.  The writing was on the wall.  Mild pre-eclampsia was the diagnosis.   I was sent home on bed rest.  I started twice weekly appointments with AFI checks and NSTs.  Baby girl always checked out perfectly.

THE CSECTION COUNTDOWN



The countdown is actually off a day because I'm typing this Tuesday night.  Sorry guys. 

 

Size of Baby: 
According to the bump.com, this baby is the size of A BUTTERNUT SQUASH.  At less than two months to go, she weighs in at about 4.2 pounds to 5.8 pounds and measures about 17.2 to 18.7 inches.






According to Huggies, baby looks something like this......





Total Weight Gain/Loss: 
I'm not currently brave enough to step on the scale.


Maternity Clothes:
My wardrobe consists of up sized scrub pants, maternity/up-sized old navy t-shirts, and a few maternity jeans and shirts. 

 
Gender:
 I still had my doubts, so I went to visit a friend for a off the record ultrasound.  She still thinks it's a girl.  I'm starting to wrap my head around it a little better.  We still aren't set on a name.  Suggestions appreciated.


Belly Button In/Out:
  It's still in.  I swear my belly button is like a crater.  I'm not totally convinced it has a bottom.  


Stretch Marks:
  They're here and here to stay.
Labor Signs:
  Nope.  During my u/s, my friend said her head was really low.  I'm getting more pressure, but the BH contractions I was having have pretty much quit.


Movement:
Baby girl continues to be a mover and a shaker.  She moves mostly in the evenings when HC and I are hanging out.  She already gets excited by her big sister being around. 


Sleep: I'm exhausted, but sleeping fairly well.  In fact, when my alarm went off this morning, I felt like it should be 2 A.M. 

Cravings/Aversions:  Nothing really.  I'm starving, but have no new aversions or anything.
Symptoms:
I've had a couple of days this week where I was really puke-y feeling.  Today I was starving! 


Feeling:  Overall, I'm feeling pretty good. 

Best Moment this Week:  We saw our little girl and she was measuring a little on the small side.  I keep momentarily freaking out about this, but then I remember that these ultrasounds aren't all that accurate right now. 

What I Miss: Enjoying time with my husband.  It's so uncomfortable.  
What I am Looking Forward To:
  Meeting this baby girl. but I do want her to keep cooking just a wee bit longer. 


 Milestones: 3 weeks to term. 35 days until my csection.


Next Appointment:  Next Thursday. 35 weeks. GBS testing.  Whoo-hoo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment