Monday, February 18, 2013

ISO: The Perfect Birth Control Method

With my postpartum check up right around the corner, birth control has been on my mind a lot lately.   For one thing,  if I got pregnant again in the near future, you might have to have me committed.  I love my kids, but two of them is enough right now. 

I started this post a couple of days ago, and I had my postpartum check up yesterday. I had decided to get an IUD which is great except my insurance won't pay for one.

I really was looking to get away from hormones because my mom had a blood clot in her early 30s.

This is where I get frustrated. My insurance will pay for the pill, pay for my stroke after I spend too much time on the pill, pay for me to have another baby, AND pay for me to be committed after I have another baby, but they won't just pay for me to have the dang IUD.

So ladies, if you've had an IUD, was it worth it? Tell me the truth, I can handle it!

For what it's worth, we're looking at leaving it in at least 3 but more like 4 years, so that averages to $20-$30/month.

2 comments:

  1. I've been looking at getting an IUD too, but I just got off NuvaRing. It was different-- I liked the convenience of it, but husband didn't love it so much. Sometimes he didn't notice it, and sometimes he did. I've read you can remove it for up to 3 hours, if you want to, but I just always felt like it was so risky! Haha! I don't know if that's an option for you, but it was a good middle-man for me. A girl I went to school with just had her 2nd IUD--it moved and got stuck. She had to have it surgically removed, but she was okay. Just makes me nervous hearing things like that!

    But anyway! Thanks so much for linking up with us for the last find + follow hop! SO sorry it took so long, but I'm following you now! Hope to see you again this week :)

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your input. My insurance will only pay for oral contraceptives, which I don't feel like are a good choice for me right now. I would have to pay out of pocket for the nuvaring or an IUD so I'm really leaning towards the IUD. Thank you again for your input.

      Delete