Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Can You Pay My Bills? Can You Pay My Medical Bills?



Courtesy of Google Images



I'm sorry I'm channeling Destiny's Child today.   


I have a very long, involved vent about the healthcare system.  Specifically, I work my butt off to provide health insurance for my family.  I could work way less hours and make more money, but I require the full-time status needed to get health insurance. 


When I had Hadley, I had expensive, BAD health insurance.  My plan covered 70% of billed costs, and I had a $950 deductible.  Furthermore, with that company, my plan ran from October 1 to September 30.   Hadley was born October 3rd.  Oh yeah, her deductible was $1450.  I calculated that I paid about $5000.00 out of pocket for her. 

During my pregnancy, I took a new job.  This job had many perks, but number one was it was about 35 minutes less commute time each way.  Number two was that the health insurance was WAY better.  Now, knowing about Emmalyn's cleft palate and knowing that she'll require surgery and many years of follow-up with medical professionals,  I honestly believe that God put this job in my life at the perfect time. 

That doesn't stop the bills....



So far, I've paid my OB office $500 (and then some), the anesthesiologist $50,  and I prepaid the hospital $888.00 before my hospitalization.  Well, they just called and want another $222.00.

After awhile, the numbers start to make my head spin. 

And I'm still waiting on the specialty pharmacy to call me back. 

And I'm waiting on a bill from the pediatrician Emmalyn saw in the hospital.

And I haven't gotten anything from the pathology group.

No comments:

Post a Comment