Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Emmalyn: 2 Month Update





At 2 months, Emmalyn:

  • finally weighs 8 pounds (8lbs 13oz)
  • is 21.25 inches long (This is a joke with me and the nurse at the pediatrician's office, because the hospital had her at 21 inches at birth.  The nurse measured her 3 times at her first check up and she was only 19.25, so she's finally back at birth length.)
  • Smiles

  • is starting to make some noise. 
  • drinks 5 4 oz bottles a day.  We do have to increase the concentration of her formula though.  
  • holds her head up pretty well. 
  • loves her momma. 
  • loves nuk pacifiers. 
  • is drinking from Mead Johnson Cleft Lip/Palate bottles with orthodontic nipples with the tip cross-cut.

1 comment:

  1. Hi…My name is Karl Schonborn and I really enjoy reading your blog posts. I was born with a cleft lip and palate and know firsthand about the difficulties many children experience as a result. My childhood was fraught with taunts of “Harelip” and bullying, but with courage, humor, and my family’s love, I overcame the shame, handicaps, and personal losses that might’ve defeated others less resolute. My memoir, Cleft Heart: Chasing Normal, will be released in October. I currently update my own blog and would love if you could check out my postings at KarlSchonborn.com. It’d be great to connect on twitter (@KarlSchonborn) and Facebook (Facebook.com/CleftHeartChasingNormal). I am always looking for new people to follow and connect with through social media! Thanks for your time and for the great posts on your site.

    ReplyDelete