Tuesday, April 2, 2013

A LIttle History Lesson

Weight is something I have struggled with my whole life. Fluctuations in my weight can also be directly related to major life changes.

Start high school? Gain 50 lbs. Lose 65 lbs. Start working out a ton to manage stress? Get ridiculously skinny. Gym closes? Gain 15 lbs. Move in with your boyfriend? Here's another 30 lbs. Grad school? 15 lbs. Wedding planning? Another 15 lbs, easy.

Finally get a real job, money, and some stability? That's 20 lbs gone. Get pregnant? Have a baby? Come out back where you started 20 lbs heavier. Get pregnant again? Manage to only gain 16 lbs this pregnancy? Have baby? Ooh!! Back down 20 lbs and then 25 and then 30...

Start eating right with the hubby? Lose 10 lbs. Have strong desire to lose weight faster? Add exercise.

And that's where it starts to kind of fall apart. Ugh. I hate exercise. My preferred exercise is swimming. That has some logistical issues though. First, the weather had to be appropriate. Secondly, I have to have time without kids. I mean, if I go for a walk then I can just throw the kids in a stroller. The other problem with swimming is that I get mentally bored and distracted. Its ridiculous.

I like walking and spin classes, but I am not going to join a gym/walk on a treadmill. The weather has to be right and the kids have to be pleasant...

After the kids are home, it's hard to work out. I mean, I miss my kids when they aren't around. So when I get them home, I want to spend time with them.

That's what led me to this morning. 6:30 A.M. Jillian Michaels.

1/30 days of the 30 day shred. Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment