Thursday, May 16, 2013

Brush your shoulders off...



Today's topic was a hard one for me to pinpoint. Something difficult about my "lot in life."

Well, I'm I'm not trying to be a martyr. I've made decisions that have had outcomes, both positive and negative. And my life is kind of tough right now. I'm a worrier by nature. I constantly have a long stream of things rolling around in my head that need to be done, things that haven't been done, and things that weren't done right. In addition, there are things like, "am I making a difference at work?" And "am I a terrible parent?" Or "will my kid grow up to be an asshole?"

In trying not to stress as much. I'm trying to let things roll of my shoulders. I'm trying not to over think things.

I'm letting my almost 2 year old roll around on the floor screaming when she doesn't get her way. If her yo gabba gabba shirt isn't clean, oh well.

I'm trying not to let the little things my husband does ruin my day. In the big picture, is it the end of the world if he doesn't throw away his sweet-n-low packets from his morning coffee or pick up his dirty clothes off the floor? Absolutely not. Does it annoy the piss out of me despite the fact that its not the end of the world? Of course it does.

So how am I overcoming issues withy lot in life?

This self proclaimed "aspiring perfectionist" is trying to let go of the small things in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment