Sunday, May 12, 2013

Reflections




Today's prompt: what do you miss?  It could be a person, place, or time in your life.   I could probably answer this question a million ways and go on for hours. 

{responsibility}  Sometimes, I miss not having so much.  I miss sleeping until 11:00 with no one screaming for to get up at 7:00 A.M.  Seriously kid?  I miss my husband and I packing up to go to the beach without having to load everything we own and then deal with screaming kids.  Sometimes, I miss not having to pay my own bills.  Sometimes I wish that I'd tried a little harder to pay of debt before we had kids.  

{people}  I REALLY miss some of the girls I went to graduate school with, an old professor/boss/friend, and some old co-workers in the, "I don't see them every day" sense.  I also miss my mom in this sense.  

In addition, there are some people who have left us for the great beyond that I think about frequently.  I miss them terribly and my heart aches sometimes, until we meet again.  Mike, G. Daddy, and Jake, I think of y'all often. 

{places}  When I was in college, we lived in a small apartment (that I don't particularly miss), but we were a block from Publix, and I could eat ANYTHING I wanted for dinner.  I miss the city.  Back here in Podunk,  I have a 15 minute drive to wal-mart and our dinner options are limited to about 4 restaurants.  
Sunday Social



1 year ago I was doing …. working, celebrating my first mother's day, and found out I was pregnant.  There might have been tears. 

5 years ago I was doing …. getting ready to graduate with my bachelor's degree.  Spending a lazy summer with my hubby.  We also got engaged right around this time.  CRAZY??!!

10 years ago I was doing…. I was a junior in high school.  I was getting ready for finals and thinking about how much I would miss my senior friends the following year.  I remember that it was close to devastating at the time, but now it seems pretty lame.  

1 year from now Ill be doing…celebrating mother's day with my babies, and NOT finding out that I'm pregnant.  Hopefully. 

5 years ago ill be doing….I might be pregnant again.  That's the time frame we're planning, but honestly, we know our plans don't matter right?

10 years from now ill be doing… I'll probably be pulling my hair out with a 12 year old, a 10 year old, and a 5 year old. 


No comments:

Post a Comment