Saturday, May 4, 2013

Make sure you put my bra on me...

I've decided to link up with Jenni at Story of My Life for a blog every day challenge.

Most of my favorite quotes come from patients.  You know, you just can't make that stuff up.  About a year ago, a patient came into my life.  When I think about her, my heart is happy.  My dad actually grew up across the street from her.

She said things to me like:

"I can't come to therapy.  I'm not dressed yet."  Of course she said this and then pulled her shirt up over her head to demonstrate that she wasn't wearing a bra.

Along the same lines, she told me one day, "Oh dear, they forgot to cover my dark spots [nipples]."

Upon response to finding out I was pregnant, "You know, I got married.  I got pregnant and then I had a baby.  I got pregnant again and had another baby.  I got pregnant a third time and I had another baby. After the third time,  I found out that was causing that and I never did it again."

I ended up leaving her when I took a new job and she passed away a few months later.  May she rest in peace.




1 comment:

  1. Hi Lauren - I've been reading through your blog everyday in May posts and this is my favorite.... oh and your advice on parenting : Relax... ha ha ... My favorite thing about this linkup so far has been coming across blogs I have never seen. new Bloglovin follower here :)

    ReplyDelete