Friday, May 3, 2013

Am I making you uncomfortable?



This month I'm linking up with Jenni at Story of My Life for a blog every day in May challenge.  

Theme for the day: things that make you uncomfortable.  This could get lengthy. 

  • People who have no concept of personal space.  No, I don't need you 2 inches from my face for us to have this conversation.  
  • On the same note, being in large groups of people I don't know.  Crowded elevator?  I think I'll take the stairs.
  • Middle-aged to old men that take exceptional interest in my child.  This throws up a pedophile flag to me.  
  • Vomit, nausea, or other gastrointestinal illnesses. You can read about my irrational fear of vomit Here but seriously. You saying, "my stomach hurts," throws me into an almost panic attack like frenzy.
  • Confrontation.  I mean if you have an issue with me, I don't have problems with confrontation, but I don't like other people being confronted.  
  • This isn't like an awkward uncomfortable, but more like physically uncomfortable.  Being hot.  We keep our house at ice-box level.  
  • Caves and other enclosed spaces.  These induce the same panic inducing feeling as vomit.  Racing heart, sweaty palms, and shortness of breath slap me in the face.
What's making you uncomfortable?

2 comments:

  1. Like you, I have an insane fear of vomit and nausea. I literally cannot stand to listen to someone throw up, I will instinctively plug my ears and rock back and forth, humming to myself.

    Oh btw, hi fellow Lauren, I found you through Jenni's link-up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so many of these bother me so much but i forgot to add them to my list!

    ReplyDelete