Tuesday, May 14, 2013

If it makes you happy.....

It can't be that bad...

1.  My family.  This is probably the only semi-serious one I'll have, but my family makes me giddy happy.  I love my kids so much my heart feels like it will explode, but I also feel like I might pull my hair out sometimes.

2.  Getting mail.  Talk about a kid in a candy store.  Even when I know it's coming, it makes me giddy. For example, I got my May birchbox yesterday.  Hello happy face.  {Sidenote: I'm thinking about trading my birchbox for a maven box.  Anyone have thoughts?}



3.  Thoughtful little gifts.  Ok, this seriously doesn't matter what it is.  If I walked into work tomorrow, and someone said, "Lauren, I brought you this penny because you didn't have one yesterday,"  it will make my heart swell.  Seriously.

4.  My dogs.  This kind of goes along with family, because our dogs are like are first and second born, but when our oldest fur babies smiles, OMG, I love it.  It's not a pretty smile either....



5.  Finding something I want/love on sale for dirt cheap.  For example, when Hadley was little, I really wanted a moby wrap, but I couldn't find it in my heart to buy one for $50.  I found one on the clearance rack at target for $11.98!! Made my week! And I'm glad I didn't spend $50 on one because she hated it.  Emmalyn tolerated it, but not for long.

6.  Finding that new "perfect" beauty product.  For example, my mom gave me some Benefit (LOVE) make up for mother's day.   One of the things that she gave me was the 'Boing' concealer.  I tried it today and I LOVE it!

7.  Sweets.  It's no secret if you know me that I have a ridiculous sweet tooth, and maybe sometimes I eat my feelings, but cupcakes, cookies, and other treats make me happy.

8.  When my old skinny clothes fit well.  Totally counteracting what I said in #7, I love when I can slip into a pair of jeans that were a little bit to small without any difficulties.  I usually look at my butt in the mirror and say things like, "Damn, I look good."

9.   A clean house.  Fact: A clean house is a happy house.  Fact: Keeping my house clean right now feels impossible.  I'm thinking about taking Wednesday off of work to clean house.

10.   A long hot shower.  Without interruptions.  I frequently refer to this as "washing the day off."  It's awesome.

Currently Listening: 

5 comments:

  1. Getting mail - AMEN! That's why our entire office knows us by name, I'm always in there picking up mail and chatting with them until they kick me out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Numbers 3, 5, and 7 hit home SO much!! Gosh I love thoughtful little gifts. I also love giving them!! Doesn't that just make you feel like a rockstar?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just looked back at the massive amount of exclamation points, by the way. I was apparently REALLY into those statements!

      Delete
  3. Birchbox makes me happy too!!

    ReplyDelete